- LCD display with info line
- Simple configuration of the device through plain text display
- Setup program for configuration via USB interface
- Transmission of the setup data is possible even without voltage supply to the device (USB port supplies power)
- Close mounting possible
- Network load optimization through dual energy management
- Current limiting
- Softstart function
- Phase-angle operation
- Burst-firing operation
- Resistance monitoring and limitation for MoSi2 heating elements
- All versions feature protection type IP20
- Load monitoring for the detection of partial load failure or load short-circuit “Teach-In”
- Integrated diagnostic systems
- Energy meter
- RS422/485 interface
- PROFIBUS DP
- JUMO mTRON T system bus
- EtherCAT (at the preparation stage)
- UL 508 approval
The JUMO TYA 201 is a systematic further development to JUMO power controller technology. The microprocessor controlled power controller displays all parameters in an LCD display with background lighting. It can be operated using the four keys at the front.
Thyristor power controllers are used where larger resistive and inductive loads have to be switched (e.g. in industrial furnace construction and plastics processing). The thyristor power controller consists of two anti-parallel switched thyristors, the insulted heat sink, and the control electronics.
Thyristor power controllers up to a load current of 100 A can be either clipped to a 35 mm mounting rail or fitted to the wall on a mounting plate. Devices with a load current greater than 100 A can only be mounted on the wall.
Depending on the configuration in the setup program, the thyristor power controllers − in phase-angle operation − work with adjustable current limiting or in burst-firing operation.
In burst-firing mode, the phase angle of the first half-wave can be cut so that transformer loads can also be operated. During the control process, mains voltage fluctuations do not affect the unit to be controlled. Available subordinate control loops are U, U2, I, I2, or P control. The option of specifying a base load is available.
In phase-angle operation the phase angle of 180 degrees is slowly decreased until it reaches a value defined by the controller. This way, high inrush currents are avoided (softstart).
The thyristor power controllers comply with VDE 0160 22.214.171.124 (5/88) and VDE 0106 Part 100 (3/83). The devices must be grounded as specified by the responsible energy supplier.